- If haven’t done so already for past UROPs, the supervisor asks CIM helpdesk for an editor account on UROP website
- The supervisor posts project and sets project status to “available”
- Students apply via e-mail or in-person
- The supervisor selects a student (no obligation to take on any student) and agrees on details of the project (exact time and duration)
- The supervisor fills the UROP form and sends it to the UROP coordinator (NP). To avoid administrative delays, the UROP form should be submitted no later than one month before the start of the project.
- If requesting departmental funding, the “account” field of the UROP form should be set to “computer science”. Along with the request, the supervisor should submit evidence of the academic performance of the student. Please see the UROP specification document for details about procedure and deadlines for requesting fund support.
- Funding decisions are made by the HoD on recommendation of the UROP coordinator
- If funding is not required or is granted, the EPMS office (Elaine Marshall) sets up the UROP contract with HR. The student signs the contract.
- Project starts. The supervisor sets project status to “ongoing” on UROP site
- At the end of the project, the supervisor sets the project status to “completed” on the UROP website
- The student should be reminded that it’s possible to obtain RHUL passport points for UROP (a programme to encourage extra-curricular activities) by completing the passport form